Palm Beach Ferries - FAQ
Palm Beach Ferry Services operates the following services:
- Palm Beach to Ettalong via Wagstaffe: Linking Sydney’s Northern Beaches to the Central Coast
- Palm Beach – Bennett’s – Bonnie Doon – Basin – Currawong – Mackerel: Scenic 45-minute round trip cruise within Pittwater stopping at the Basin picnic and camping ground.
- Charters and Cruises – For a special function why not charter a ferry and cruise the scenic Pittwater and Hawkesbury River area. Please contact 1 800 326 822 for further information, or email your enquiry to [email protected].
Palm Beach Ferry services do not operate services to:
- Patonga or Bobbin Head – Please contact Palm Beach & Hawkesbury River Cruises on 0414 466 635.
- Circular Quay & Manly
There are no ferry services to Circular Quay or Manly. You can catch buses from Palm Beach; for details please visit the links at the bottom of the page.
There are no car ferry services connecting the Northern Beaches and Central Coast.
- Palm Beach to Ettalong – 25 minutes (approximately)
- Palm Beach to Wagstaff – 20 minutes (approximately)
- Palm Beach to the Basin – 20 minutes (approximately)
- Wagstaff to Palm Beach – 30 Minutes (approximately)
- Ettalong to Palm Beach – 25 minutes (approximately)
Ferry fares are purchased on board
For group travel, please notify the office at [email protected] or 1800 326 822.
Please visit our Fares and Prices page.
Yes, we offer concession rates for seniors, pensioners, unemployed & full-time students.
Is there parking available near the wharves?
Yes, however, it is limited and gets extremely busy in summer so allow extra time to ensure you don’t miss the ferry!
There is a Council Car park adjacent to the Palm Beach ferry wharf.
- Long-term parking fees can be paid by cash/coins, credit card.
- Northern Beaches rate sticker – free parking.
On-street along Barrenjoey Road or Iluka Road is free.
Parking at Ettalong:
- Parking on Ferry Rd is limited on weekends to maximum of 2hrs. Parking available along Ocean View Rd.
- Bicycle on board – Yes (additional $3.00 for cartage)
- Dog on board – Yes, must be on a lead always and be outside (no charge)
- Camping equipment – Yes, however, a cartage fee may be charged for excessive amounts (this price varies depending on the quantity of equipment)
How can I get from Sydney CBD to Palm Beach?
- Catch the L90 bus from York St. Wynyard.
- Please contact State Transit for further information on 131 500.
How can I get from Palm Beach Wharf to Manly?
- You can catch the 199 bus from Palm Beach. Please contact State Transit for further information on 131 500.
How can I get from Palm Beach wharf to Newport?
- You can catch an L90 bus from Palm Beach (opposite wharf). Please contact State Transit for further information on 131 500.
How can I get from Ettalong wharf to Gosford?
- Buses depart from Ettalong (main shopping village). Please contact Busways for further information www.busways.com.au Ph. 4368 2277.
- Dine at one of the local cafes, clubs, or restaurants.
- Visit the local markets (Saturdays and Sundays).
- Beaches * [email protected] (02) 43 430140.
Please contact Central Coast Tourism on 4385 8586 for further information or visit their website www.cctourism.com.au.
At Palm Beach
- Dine at several cafes, clubs, and restaurants.
- Enjoy fish and chips overlooking Pittwater.
- Walk (15 minutes) or catch a bus and visit famous Palm Beach or “Summer Bay” (Home & Away).
- Take a walk to Barrenjoey Lighthouse (trail starts at the base of headland on the Pittwater side).
- Catch connecting ferry to the Basin (Ku ring gai National Park) for bush walks to Aboriginal engravings; walk to Great Mackerel Beach.
- Jonah’s luxury Accommodation www.jonahs.com.au
- Palm Beach Holiday letting www.palmbeachholidayletting.com.au
- Beach Stays www.beach-stays.com.au
- Basin Campground Bookings – Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park P: 02 9974 1011.
- Beechwood Cottage Bookings – Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park P: 02 9974 1011.
- Ettalong Diggers www.ettalongdiggers.com
- Ettalong Bowling Club www.ettalongbowlingclub.net
- The Box on the Water 02 4339 3369
- Hardy’s Bay RSL Restaurant – Phone (02) 4360 1999